Are you ready for your spring camping trips? Make sure to include some great fishing spots in upstate New York. Upstate New York offers a fantastic spread of fishing opportunities, with ample small and largemouth bass, trout, Atlantic salmon, walleye, perch, pike, and more. Here’s a family favorite spring camping recipe for Lemon Grilled Pike. You can sub in any of your favorite fish that’s fresh caught from the day, and it’s a great way to use your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen.
Lemon Grilled Pike
- Several Pike fillets, cleaned and prepared for grilling and sliced down the middle
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced (the limes are optional, but add a great kick. If you opt to not use them, substitute for additional lemons)
- 1 stick of butter, divided into small pats
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup garlic paste
- Slice each fillet down the middle after cleaning.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and garlic paste, adjusting measurements to taste.
- Rub a thin layer of seasoned paste down the middle of each fillet and add a small pat of butter to each one.
- On the outside of each fillet, alternate slices of lemons, limes, and remaining butter pats.
- Cook over the fire, or your exterior kitchen’s cooktop, turning occasionally until the fish flakes and the skin is crispy – about 20 minutes or so.
Because the ingredients are so few, this is a great spring camping recipe to pack along that doesn’t take up a lot of space – just butter, seasonings, and a few citrus!
RVs with outdoor kitchens are ideal for fish recipes, because no matter how delicious it is, you really don’t want a lingering “fishy” smell. Take a look at our new or used RVs for sale, particularly our RVs with outdoor kitchens. We can help you pick out the perfect RV for your family’s camping trips, so contact us today!