Nothing beats a chilly morning like a hot, delicious breakfast. When you’re planning your spring camping trips in your new or used RV, don’t forget to bring along this recipe for the best French toast. It has minimal prep, comes together in a snap, and it’s best paired with a hot cup of coffee.
Best French Toast Recipe
Okay, first off, the secret to French toast isn’t in the eggy mixture, although plenty of people may tell you otherwise. The secret is actually in the bread. You want to use sourdough bread for this, because the density and texture of the bread soaks up just the right amount of egg mixture without becoming soggy. Another great thing about sourdough bread is that it’s pretty hardy, and squash as easily as regular sliced bread, so there’s less risk of mashed bread while you travel.
- Sourdough bread (plan 2-4 slices per person)
- Eggs (plan 1 egg per slice of bread)
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Other toppings you may enjoy: blueberries, sliced bananas, chopped pecans (all optional)
You’ll also need:
- Medium bowl
- Tongs or fork
- Griddle or frying pan
- Nonstick spray
Let’s get going!
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- While the cooking surface preheats, crack eggs into bowl and whisk well. Add a splash of half and half, and the vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Spray the griddle or pan with nonstick spray.
- Quickly dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture and remove with tongs or fork. Place directly onto the griddle or frying pan.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides, flipping as needed.
- Remove and serve with butter, syrup, or other toppings you prefer. Enjoy!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so when you’re camping, don’t skimp on starting your day right! This is also a great recipe to use on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen cooktop. We can help you pick out the perfect RV that features everything you want in a kitchen, so contact us today!