You’re going to absolutely love this sweet, gooey camping s’mores dip! It’s super easy to assemble – say goodbye to making s’mores one at a time! – and is the ultimate s’mores treat for your fall camping trips, fall festivals, and even a camping trip themed birthday party. Best of all, you don’t even need a campfire, so if Mother Nature sends you a rainy night, make your s’mores indoors and enjoy them with your family along with a fun board game or a movie night.
Here’s how to make it your s’mores indoors. Make sure you bring along this camping recipe for rainy nights so inclement weather doesn’t catch you unprepared!
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 15-20 marshmallows
- Graham crackers
You’ll also need:
- Iron skillet or other 8×8 oven safe baking dish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, place the butter in the skillet and stick directly into the oven.
- When butter is melted, remove skillet from oven and swirl the butter around to fully coat the bottom.
- Spread the chocolate chips to evenly cover the bottom of the skillet. Top with marshmallows.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove (carefully!) and enjoy with graham crackers. (You may want to spoon it onto individual plates since the pan will be hot.)
This is a delicious, kid-friendly camping dessert that your whole family will love. Everyone loves s’mores, but rainy nights can put a damper on campfires and enjoying the camping meals you normally make outside. Having this recipe on standby for when it’s raining can ensure you still have a great camping trip regardless of the weather. If you’re camping with all your grandkids, it’s also a fun and easy recipe they can help assemble. Contact us today if you’ve been browsing our new and used RVs for sale and have any questions.